Dennis J. Bartlett
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent. CLSA Top Construction Lawyers Fellow. Admitted to practice law in Colorado, the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits, the United States District Court for the Districts of Colorado and Nebraska, and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Districts of Colorado and Nebraska. Emphasis: civil litigation for the past 35 years with experience in mediations, arbitrations, jury and bench trials, and appeals. Areas of practice: Commercial Litigation; Fidelity & Surety Law; Construction Litigation; Agriculture Law; and Creditors’ Rights. In addition to handling cases and appeals in all Colorado courts, Mr. Bartlett has handled matters throughout the Intermountain West and as far away as Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands).
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Accounting, cum laude, 1980
- University of Notre Dame, J.D., cum laude, 1985
- Editorial Board, Notre Dame Law Review, 1985
- Colorado – 1985
- United States District Court, District of Colorado – 1986
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit -1986
- United States Supreme Court -1994
- United States District Court, District of Nebraska – 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit – 2002
A SAMPLE OF PUBLICATIONS / PRESENTATIONS
- Bachrach, Ferrucci, and Bartlett: The Contract Bond Surety’s Subrogation Rights (ABA 2013).
- Bartlett and Waters: “The Contract Bond Surety’s Potential Claims Arising out of the Producing Agent’s Malfeasance (Where the Producing Agent acts in Collusion with Others),” presented at the 2013 Surety Claims Institute.
- “Stacking of Limits – A Cosmetic Approach to the Underinsured Fidelity Loss,” XV The Fidelity Law Journal (October 2009)
- Klinger: The Surety’s Indemnity Agreement, Law & Practice, (ABA 2002 & 2007 Edition) (Contributing Author).
- Learner and Baum: Performance Bond Manual (ABA 2006) (Author, Colorado & Wyoming Chapters).Cushman: Fifty State Construction Lien and Bond Law, (Aspen, 1992, 2000 and 2013) (Author, Colorado Chapter).
- Dodd and Findlay: State-By-State Guide to Construction Contracts and Claims (Aspen, 2005, 2013) (Co-Author, Colorado Chapter).
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Forum Committee on Construction
- Section of Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice
- Fidelity and Surety Law Committee
- Rocky Mountain Surety Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Bond Claims Association
- Construction Litigation Society of America
- Selected as a Colorado Super Lawyer 2017 – 2021