SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Mr. Lieberman served as lead trial attorney for a commercial litigation firm located in Chicago from 2005 through late 2010. During that time he handled lawsuits involving a plethora of legal issues, including contract disputes, personal injuries, insurance related issues, product liability matters, construction defects, and real estate.
In 2010 he relocated to Colorado where his practice is principally comprised of product liability matters, commercial/business issues, and personal injury claims.
As part of his vehicle-related product liability practice, Mr. Lieberman oversees vehicle and scene inspections throughout the country and deposes experts in the fields of accident reconstruction, vehicle dynamics, vehicle mechanics and biomechanics. He has developed a deep understanding of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and how violations thereof can cause or contribute to catastrophic crashes. Mr. Lieberman’s product liability practice extends into tires, oil and gas wells, human transportation systems and beyond. His genuine passion and interest for “how things work” helps fuel and propel his products practice into multiple arenas.
Mr. Lieberman’s commercial practice is comprised of local business issues, officer-director disputes, mortgage origination disputes, complex business disputes and complex contract disputes. He is fortunate to serve as outside corporate counsel for local businesses and relishes the opportunity to work with start-ups.
Mr. Lieberman’s personal injury practice is comprised of slip-and-falls, car crashes, bicycle accidents, defective products and more. He has represented clients with debilitating physical and cognitive injuries. Mr. Lieberman is selective in the cases he accepts into the firm and prides himself on pre-litigation case development and assessment.
Mr. Lieberman is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Illinois and has been admitted pro hac vice in courts across the country.
- University of Illinois, B.A. in Psychology
- Chicago Kent College of Law, J.D., scholarship recipient
- Supreme Court of Illinois – 2005
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois – 2006
- Supreme Court of Colorado – 2011
- United States District Court of Colorado – 2011
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit – 2013
RECENT PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Understanding Heavy Vehicle Electronic Control Modules – 2018 presentation for the Colorado Bar Association
- Navigating the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in Personal Injury Claims – 2018 presentation for the Colorado Bar Association
- Drones and EDR Data: Regulations, Risks and Legalities – 2017 presentation for the Colorado Risk Management Association
- Deposing Industry Experts: Accident Reconstruction, Vehicle Dynamics & Trucking Experts – 2017 presentation for the Colorado Bar Association program entitled “Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Law”
- Issues and Evidence: Identification & Preservation – 2017 presentation for the Colorado Bar Association program entitled “Commercial Motor Vehicle Accident Law”
- Ethical Issues Regarding EDR Data and Drones – 2017 presentation for the Adams Broomfield Bar Association; 2017 presentation for the Larimer County Bar Association; 2017 presentation for the Douglas County Bar Association; 2016 presentation for the Colorado Bar Association; 2016 presentation for the Pueblo Bar Association
- DRI Product Liability Case Law Update 2015 – 2016 DRI publication (contributor, 10th Circuit & Federal Circuit)
- Why, How and When to Hire a Lawyer – 2016 presentation for the DTC Chamber of Commerce
- Sharing Defense Experts – November 2014 DRI: For the Defense
- Undocumented Workers and Lost Future Earnings – November 2014 The Colorado Lawyer
- The Collateral Source Rule: A State by State Compendium – 2012 DRI publication (contributor)
- PLAC (formerly Product Liability Advisory Council), Sustaining Member
- Colorado Motor Carriers Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- DRI – Voice of the Defense Bar
- Volunteer for the Greenwood Village Chamber of Commerce, event planning committee
- Denver Jewish Chamber of Commerce
- Greenwood Village Chamber of Commerce Executive Council
- The American Society of Legal Advocates – 2018 Top 40 Under 40
- AVVO rated